March 28, 2009

Another Day, Another - What?

(click photos to enlarge for better viewing)

As Molly and I walk the perimeter of the property to flush out every bird and pinecone trying to infiltrate, we often pause to see just what we have growing here. Since I've only been here about two weeks or so and still not nearly settled in the house, nothing has been touched outside at all.

Here's a shot of the first daffodils I saw two days ago and a shot of them just a few minutes ago. What a difference a day (or two) makes!



This large bush-type thing will be flowering soon and I haven't a clue what it is, but from the hundreds of tiny red buds on it, it is going to be stunning. I'm definitely going to be watching for the day that it explodes. Here it is in full, and a close-up.











Right outside the back door is another tree (the one from the previous post with the bush growing amongst it) and the buds there are coming along nicely too. I am not certain, but I believe it might be a red-bud, with it's little purplish-red buds flaunting their pretty colors. I was unable to get a good picture of it, but will give it another try.

The front/side of the house close to the road sports this small pocket of rocks with a smattering of daffodils and crocus, I believe, and they will be popping soon too. I'm definitely going to fix up this area, or maybe just take it out when I put in the two sections of fence with rock and flower garden for the hummingbirds and butterflies. It will depend on what I can see from my large window here, whether it provides a pretty view from the road as well.



If you look closely at this picture you will see the little bulb that isn't even in the ground has sprouted and is trying valiantly to become a sunny addition to the spot, right along with the big guys. I was going to stick it down into the dirt more, but decided to just let it go the way it fell.



The front of the house is banked with tulips amongst the white rock, and I'm not sure what else. I don't care for the white - it reminds me of something beach-y. I love the beach, but it's not the look I'm going for here, so the white rock will eventually come up and be replaced with mulch or rock of another color.



And no outdoor adventure would be complete without Miss Molly paws-ing for her photo op.


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Diane said...

Well, Miss Molly is gorgeous, as always and GROWING fast!!!!

It looks like you've got a nice start on some pretty landscaping already in place. I know you'll add and subtract and multiply until it is a showplace!

I'm so happy for you! Have a great weekend, and I sure hope you feel better!

Many hugs.........

Diane

Jaime said...

I have enjoyed visiting your blogs.... I just also wanted to add a great big Thank You for serving for our Country. You are a remarkable woman who deserves the best. Please know you are in our prayers. Love the Robin and Is miss molly your puppy??... Take care.. Many Blessings.. The Rafter Family. (Jaime)

Dave said...

The daffodils are looking good! Everything else will come along soon I'm sure. I would go ahead and help that little bulb along. I'm with you on the white rock, it just doesn't go well with garden beds.

Victorian Garden Gourmet said...

Miss Molly is adorable-I’m sure she’ll be happy in her new home. Here in PA we’ve had a few days of sunshine and things have just popped. Two days ago I only had one Daffodil open and now have a dozen. With the rain we expect all day tomorrow more things should burst into bloom. Congratulations on your new home. That big scrub could be a spirea. I have one that looks very similar. It produces clusters of magenta-colored star-like clusters in early summer. I Googled it and found a page with images of all different varieties.
Kate