April 19, 2011

Plenty of Perennials

I'm still tidying up my front perennial garden but it's looking better every day.  While at Lowe's to pick up

this

Log edging to go around other flower bed

and this,

Ajuga Chocolate Chip to go with my Hosta

I spied an arrangement with several bulb perennials 

Daffodils, Tulips and Hyacinth

The two small bunches of daffodils are different than those I currently have, and there were two red tulips almost ready to flower with 2-3 more smaller shoots as well.  The few tulips in my perennial bed now are red, but not sure if these will be the same variety, but either way it's another nice punch of color.  I only had the one lone grape hyacinth (I guess it's called blue, but it's purple to me), and there were 3-4 in this pot so the whole thing was a great find.

What made it even better was the price.  With my military discount, I saved $7.00+ on my other purchases, so that paid for this pot of flowers.  Works for me!

I got them all planted but couldn't get a good shot of the whole thing this morning because of the rain, but here's one of the grape hyacinth that should be popping soon.


Rain today and more expected for the next several days, so not sure when I'll be able to finish the other flower bed, but the edging is in and it already looks so much better.  The Ajuga Chocolate Chip ground cover is going to look awesome with my Hosta.  It's a fast spreading perennial so I don't think I'll add anything else to that bed. Will make that decision after I get it all in the ground.




I'm taking the A-Z Blogging Challenge, where I will post something from each letter of the alphabet on the corresponding day in April, except for Sunday, on (hopefully) all four of my blogs. You can see my other blogs in the sidebar - More of Marie Anne.

9 comments:

Karen said...

I like a lot!

Anonymous said...

Nice choices! It'll be beautiful, I'm sure.

My "P" post is here: http://www.word-nerd-speaks.com/2011/04/pierre-pradervand-gentle-art-of.html

Theresa Wiza said...

Beautiful photos. And I love the log posts you chose. Hopefully the weather will be more accommodating tomorrow.

Ladydragonfly1958 said...

This is going to look great when you get it done. Love the flowers. Can't go wrong with daffodils and tulips.

Jeff Beesler said...

Next time I need to know more about perennials I'm making it a point to stop by your blog. You have such awesome pics that it would greatly benefit my research to stop on by.

Oh, and it's a pleasure to meet you via the A-Z Challenge.

Marilisa said...

I'm not doing the A-Z Challenge, but I am thoroughly enjoying your blog, Marie Anne. It's always fun to see what you come up with.

My jonquils are pretty annoyed about our freezing rain in Michigan. My husband says he feels sorry to see their soggy little yellow petals.

anthony stemke said...

Very nice. The photos too. We bought a doen azaleas on sale at Lowes and planted them 2 days ago, near our fruit trees

Snakesmom said...

Ahhh the sight of flowers makes me smile! Yesterday we awoke to yet another 2 inces of snow, then by mid afternoon it was all gone and I saw someone in shorts! Only in Michigan, I thought! lol Great post, I love the pics!

Unknown said...

I had my flower beds all set out front. My dog, a rottweiler, who enjoys lying on the cool ground on these already-hot days in Oklahoma, has laid in both beds and uprooted by new perennials. Ugh!